Thu, January 22, 2015
Cumberland, RI USA (January 22, 2015)—SONiVOX (sonivoxmi.com)—a leading developer of music production software—today announced the availability of Film Score Companion, a comprehensive music composition software suite comprised of five individual instrumental collections, geared to the demanding needs of filmmakers and game creators. It’s designed to be the most complete, most accurate and lifelike, easiest-to-use music creation tool for films that has ever been done.
This is an expansive suite of recordings comprised of 5 distinct collections:
- Orchestral Companion Strings—9 GB library comprising string ensembles for 1st violins, 2nd violins, violas, cellos and basses. Articulations include sustains, espressivo, staccato, pizzicato, tremolos and more.
- Orchestral Companion Brass—5 GB library comprising Solo and Ensemble Trumpets, Solo and Ensemble Trombones, Solo and Ensemble French Horns and Tuba. Articulations include sustains, staccato, marcatto, mutes, and more.
- Orchestral Companion Woodwinds—9 GB library comprising Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon. Solo and ensembles versions of each as well as full woodwind ensemble patches.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble—11 GB collection featuring a Steinway 9-foot CD337 Concert Grand, recorded in the same hall as the orchestral instruments for a perfect mix.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion—15 GB library of 200 different percussion instruments ranging from classical to ethnic to pure raw power hits.
Each of the 5 collections above is also available and sold separately. Customers who may own Eighty Eight or Big Bang Cinematic Percussion are eligible to upgrade at a reduced price.
Each patch and preset is easily playable by virtually any level of performer. All instruments are presented in multi-velocity layers, with natural swells available via the modulation wheel. MIDI key-switching provides on-the-fly articulation changes for select patches. The internal sound engine provides additional modulation (LFO) sources, dynamic envelope control, and studio-grade reverb/effects to allow creative customization of the onboard sounds.
Award-winning engineers Antonio Oliart and John Bono recorded everything at the legendary Futura Productions studios in Massachusetts. Members of the Boston Pops and Boston Ballet Orchestras played all performances with the same premium instruments they use for their actual concerts. A combination of spot and ambient mic’ing captured every instrumental nuance, while preserving the refined acoustics of the performance space itself. Benchmark-caliber preamps fed premium-level A/D convertors to complete a pristine audio signal chain, resulting in impeccable realism.
The players were positioned using orchestrally-correct seating, and measures were even taken to compensate for the sound-absorption effect of any players absent on that particular day.
“This collection provides an important offering for composers looking to add dramatic orchestration or musical effects to their productions. Of course a beautiful sounding set of instruments came first, but we also insisted the collection be extremely playable so busy composers can get their tracks produced quickly,” said Jennifer Hruska, Vice President of Software Development at SONiVOX. She added, “I’m particularly proud of how these instruments can be used for intimate passages or huge dramatic moments, something most orchestral offerings on the market can’t do.”
Each collection runs as a fully compatible plug-in with any VST (32 or 64 bit), AU (64 bit), and AAX (32 or 64 bit) for ProTools 10.3 or higher Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.
Film Score Companion will be available in the 1st Quarter of 2015 for $299.99, and will be on display at Winter NAMM, booth #6700, in Anaheim, CA. For more information, visit www.sonivoxmi.com.
SONiVOX designs, develops and markets software technologies, products and applications for the creation and enjoyment of music. Founded in 1993 by industry veteran Jennifer Hruska, SONiVOX instruments are found in recording studios all over the world and can be heard in hit music, blockbuster film scores, and cutting-edge video games.