Wed, February 05, 2020
The VP of Global Supply Chain and Logistics will lead supply chain and logistics operations for a large private, international company headquartered in Rhode Island with facilities in Nevada, Washington state, Florida, the UK, Germany, Bulgaria, Japan, Taiwan, New Zealand and Canada and contract manufacturing sites throughout Southeast Asia.
The ideal candidate must be highly-experienced and able to plan and execute operational activities including, but not limited to, forecasting, production planning, material procurement, inventory control, rate setting, outsourcing, vendor selection, and distribution. This role evaluates the organization's supply chain performance against projected costs and timelines across all units of the organization. Additionally, this role is responsible for continuous improvement by examining existing procedures and leveraging opportunities to streamline activities in order to meet production needs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the entire supply chain and logistics functions of the global organization by utilizing SAP
- Implementing “lean” principles across all aspects of supply chain
- Improving product quality throughout contract manufacturer production units
- Reducing product cycle and delivery lead times
- Eliminating waste and non-value-added steps in all aspects of supply chain management
- Reducing both in-bound and out-bound transportation and logistics costs
- Improving forecasting processes and integrating them with production planning
- Implementing quality initiatives at contract manufacturer production facilities and warehouse operations (which will undoubtedly include the hiring and management of quality engineer(s) where appropriate)
- Accountable for integration of supply chain activities across the organizations leading to optimal customer service, product supply, inventory investment and cost.
- Responsible to help develop a materials planning function for goods and materials, create integrated processes among Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process.
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to supply chain management.
- Ensures compliance with specified contract metrics, operational, and personnel activities in the integration center, and maintains high standards of operational activities, introducing a lean manufacturing concept where applicable.
- Ensures quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups.
- Plan, direct and implement logistics operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
- Identify competitive strategies and evaluate, adjust or redraft the organization’s supply chain programs accordingly ensuring thorough communication of imperatives and action items to the team
- Responsible for operations and managing best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
- Develop, document, and train on warehouse and logistics standard operating procedures and best practices, including multiple sites/multiple geographies.
- Forecast demands to ensure just in time inventory increases efficiency and reduces inventory costs.
- Assist in the execution of customer care standards for all accounts, communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or a similar discipline required. MBA preferred
- Previous experience overseeing and SAP and bridging the gap between or domestic and global locations
- Formal training in quality initiatives (TQM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Malcolm Baldridge, etc.)
- Ability to train team members concerning quality initiatives
- Superior MS Excel proficiency
- Superior data manipulation skills
- Superior analytical abilities
- Superior process improvement skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build and manage successful teams
- Experience negotiating with, and managing, freight forwarders, common carriers and international logistics providers
To apply for this position, click here.