Thu, March 21, 2019
The VP of Sales sets strategic direction and provides leadership and general management for the brands’ sales organization. Direct and lead a team to obtain maximum sales volume and deliver high account profitability and productivity. Ensure that the corporate sales and marketing strategies are in alignment with the corporate growth plans. Lead, direct, and coach the sales and marketing teams to secure and maintain the successful execution of the full portfolio of all brands. This role involves strategic planning, managing people, selling, leveraging technology and improving processes for North America.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set vision and strategy for the sales team; develops specific distribution plans by product category, channel, and account to ensure profitable growth in all revenue streams
- Creates and executes the sales department go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve business objectives
- Drive profitability in North American business by improving overall account profitability, proper execution of distribution/channel strategy and increased focus on SKU productivity
- Ensure Top Line Revenue growth every year
- Work cohesively with the manufacturing department to ensure that product projections are current and accurate
- Work side by side with the engineering and product management departments to ensure that our product road map is correct for the marketplace
- Ensure that the distribution channel is effective and efficient to align with our current product assortment
- Oversee hiring, development and evaluation of a national sales organization, appropriate for the company’s growth and size
- Establish appropriate compensation and incentive programs for sales organization commensurate with corporate goals.
- Establish training programs that fall under specific standards and expectations of excellence in presentation skills, product knowledge, account management and retail finance.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of related experience in sales within the music or consumer electronics industry
- 3+ years of experience at a senior management level.
- Ability to perform successfully within a fast-paced, results-driven, dynamic and highly collaborative and changing working environment.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to meet dealer needs
- Must have the ability to understand the big picture and successfully position solution strategies, product demonstrations and presentations appropriately.
- Excellent understanding of global distribution of MI and CE strategies and channels
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively deliver product presentations to small and large groups verbally, and express concepts and technical material in written format.
- Thorough PC knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Responsible for directly supervising all inside and outside sales managers
- Supervisory responsibilities include making hiring recommendations, making final hiring decisions, plan and schedule work, assign work, instruct and train in methods, check and approve work, conduct performance evaluations, recommend salary adjustments, make recommendations regarding promotions, make recommendations regarding unsatisfactory performance, and make final decisions to terminate employees due to unsatisfactory performance
- Responsible for providing direct feedback to sales team that communicates ongoing performance observations.
The VP of Sales will often be responsible to perform duties beyond the normal workday. Frequent travel is required as is the flexibility to work outside normal hours to meet deadlines.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.