Fri, January 10, 2020
inMusic is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our design team. inMusic has a family of leading music and audio technology brands. We produce hardware and software products that provide the latest advancements in engineering, design, and technology in the DJ, Music Production, Pro Audio, Musical Instrument, and Consumer Electronics industries.
As a UI/UX Designer for inMusic, you will collaborate closely with design team, product team, engineers to deliver high quality visuals and intuitive user experience to the embedded displays on Head Rush and Alesis Drum products.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product teams to translate project goals into relevant user experience and design solutions.
- Rapidly explore a wide variety of design options, including layouts, shapes, colors, textures, etc.
- Develop graphical UIs including graphical elements with brand consistency and user friendliness in mind.
- Research and analyze design solutions for embedded displays used in various environments
- Communicate concepts and ideas clearly and concisely through verbal, visual and written means.
- Work within an Agile framework and project management tools (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Teams, etc.)
- Maintain design systems and assets
- Maintain high standards adhering to the latest design practices
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work
- Continually seek to update and improve your skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong typography skills and a keen aesthetic and proportional sensibility
- Excellent skills in relative design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Simple motion graphic and 3D rendering experience are bonuses.
- Ability to provide rationale for design decisions
- Strong understanding and empathy in the user’s behavior and work flows.
- Strong problem solving and concept visualization skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills, communication skills, and sense of team work
- Online portfolio which demonstrates successfully launched products.
- BA or BS in Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or a related field.
- 4+ years design experience, performing the essential functions described above
- Experience designing detailed user experience wireframes and flows
- Knowledge or interest in electrical guitar, drums, and music processing is also a bonus.
To apply for this position, click here.