Wed, January 27, 2021
inMusic is seeking a Sales and Planning Specialist for our consumer electronics brand ION. We are looking for an individual who has a knack for sales forecasting, data analysis, spot sales trends and adjusts inventory to meet those trends.
inMusic's Sales Planning Specialist is part of the inMusic Sales Team and reports directly to the VP and Managing Director of ION Brand. Our Sales Planning Specialist ensures projections from ION's key accounts are fully aligned with production output and delivery commitments by supporting a cross-functional team in organizing, managing, and carrying out sales operations' general assistance.
What our Sales Planning Specialist Do:
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, analyze sales data trends and provide input and recommendations on what changes/ adjustments should be made to production to meet demand while maintaining sufficient inventory levels to achieve future sales goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities; compare sales data to company sales and provide action plans to reconcile deviations
- Monitor incoming orders and point of sales data for key accounts to ensure they are ordering to plan.
- Partner with the Merchants to actively manage inventory levels by increasing and decreasing inventory and/or cancel orders
- Forecasts for future inventory based on historical buys, reoccurring buys, and current inventory levels, review stock to sales ratios and respond to changing sales trends to ensure plan sales.
- Provide Managing Director with input and financial analysis on crucial account programs, pricing, and promotional opportunities to maximize profitability
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Sales team to ensure that promotional plans for key accounts are documented, and that performance is monitored against expectations.
- Works closely with product development, marketing, and sales team to determine delivery schedules for new product launches
- Monitor shipment of PO's for key accounts and communicate any changes that impact the delivery schedule.
- Works closing with the operations team on Big Box Builds to ensure that all necessary materials and packaging needs are in place to fulfill order needs.
- Monitor weekly orders to make sure retailers are ordering to forecast
- Create an analysis of sales records and customer reports to identify missed opportunities.
- Participate in weekly production and forecast meetings.
- Additional Duties as Required
- 3+ years of job-related experience such as distribution, logistics, retail
- Solid skills in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong business sense and analytical ability
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
Nice to Have Experience/Skills:
- Hands-on experience with CRM software
- Hands-on experience with SAP
- Hands-on experience with MS Teams
- Advanced skills in Excel
Interested in applying? Click Here