Thu, November 12, 2020
InMusic is building our Quality Department and is looking for our next Returns Engineering Technician. in our Reno Distribution Center. The Returns Engineering Technician provides engineering support to the Quality Team and investigates quality issues related to electrical, mechanical, or firmware issues through various tests on inMusic's returned products. Additionally, this role will perform root cause and implement recovery containment, corrective action, and preventative action on in-process failures related to testing, detection, and evaluating customer returns.
- Verify product electrical, mechanical, and firmware performance issues through a variety of tests
- Evaluate product for function and performance and identify performance shortcomings
- Assemble/disassemble and troubleshoot.
- Rework PCB assemblies according to schematic markups and includes cuts-and-jumps, SMT component replacement, and cable assembly adjustments
- Perform root cause and implement recovery containment, corrective action, and preventative action on in-process failures related to testing, detection, and evaluating customer returns.
- Collect data and then recommend improvements/corrections to engineers and the Sustaining Quality Control Manager.
- Work with cross-functional to resolve corrective actions related to quality
- Associates Degree in a technical field with related work experience
- 2+ years of experience in an audio/electronic technician role with a company that designs and manufactures consumer electronics
- Reading and understanding of Engineering Specifications
Required Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with audio and speaker measurement systems such as Audio Precision, B&K, LMS, CLIO, Listen, Smaart.
- Working knowledge of electronics with an ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Ability to rework electronics, including the soldering of surface mount components.
- Experience with common electronics laboratory equipment, including oscilloscopes, DVMs, and bench supplies.
Interested in applying? Click Here