Fri, August 02, 2019
The Product Manager will be responsible for generating product concepts and specifying the details of the product such that it will sell well in a competitive market for professional music products. This person will interface with the sales and marketing teams for both feedback and for championing the success of new products.
Products include loudspeakers, amplifiers, mixers and all-in-one PA systems. This candidate will possess a strong passion for audio engineering and live sound equipment to conceive of new products, guide them through the complete development process and coordinate marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze current market and customer requirements
- Conceive and create specifications for new products
- Manage and support existing product line
- Guide the marketing and sales of products
- Prepare and handle presentations for new products
- Perform marketing analysis of relevant products
- Work with sales department to ensure they have the tools and understanding to properly market and sell
- 15% travel required
- The Product Manager is sometimes responsible to perform duties beyond the normal workday.
- Anticipates project needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompasses issues at hand.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in a product management role with a company that markets and sells professional audio or music industry equipment
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have hands-on experience using professional audio equipment including audio mixers, loudspeakers, power amplifiers, microphones and signal processors
- A general understanding of the underlying technologies used
- Creativity, experience with and a natural enthusiasm for live sound products
- Excellent knowledge of the current musical instrument products
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for audio gear
- Must have a basic understanding of business principles regarding scheduling, cost, margins, profit, return on investment
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position will occasionally require the lifting or moving of equipment up to 50 pounds. Frequently operates a telephone or cell phone, operates office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer, scanner and computer printer. The person in this position constantly communicates with office personnel regarding product inquiries, ideas, functionality and pricing. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Candidate must confidently and effectively present and perform to small and large audiences.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com