Fri, December 07, 2018
Job Title: Parts Lead
Department Parts/Tech Support
Reports To: Rob Griffith
Overview of Job Function(s):
Lead the daily operations of the inMusic Rhode Island Parts department and team members.
Provide an excellent customer experience for distributors, dealers and end users every time. Ensure expedient, efficient, professional handling of phone and email inquiries. Serve as the primary Parts escalation contact for inMusic's global offices, acting as a liaison for all escalated inquiries from distributors, dealers, and customers which are related to parts materials, orders, policies, and procedures.
Place purchase orders with contract manufacturers and suppliers to meet spare parts demand. Responsible for Parts demand planning for the US distributor territory.
Responsible for maintaining up-to-date internal database records of service parts for all products. Create and maintain pricing for all parts in SAP.
Coordinate with product development to ensure required spare parts resources and inventory are in place to support new product launches.
Assist global offices with their regional parts demand planning by providing, process training, procedure documentation, access to data resources, and coordinating stock transfers.
This candidate will have strong written and verbal communication, prior supervisory or leadership experience, and a background working with Excel, SAP, and/or other Database and ERP systems.
Five Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders to meet spare parts demand.
- Maintain parts database entries and pricing for all parts.
- Lead the Parts Department operations and team members.
- Ensure an excellent customer experience at every occasion, and serve as a liaison for all escalated Parts inquiries.
- Ensure required spare parts resources and inventory are in place to support new product launches.
- Expert customer service skills and experience with working with customer escalations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; much of the communication involved is on an international level.
- Experienced with documenting processes and creating guides using Word; generating reports and working with data in Excel. Databases and SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to read service manuals for parts listings and locations.
- Prior leadership experience and ability to coordinate and mentor a small team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.