Tue, August 18, 2020
inMusic seeks a talented and experienced individual with a strong knowledge base in MPC Music Production as a MPC Beats Academy Instructor. The MPC Beats Academy Instructor provides hands-on instruction for a 6-week program diving into the world of digital music production.
The MPC Beats Academy Instructor will teach the fundamentals of making beats, arranging songs, and digital music technology to inspire creativity with all participants. This role is a key contributor to inMusic’s commitment to strengthening our presence in the community by supporting and establishing diverse range of community and educational organizations, including schools and nonprofit agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for talented musicians who have a love for working with people of all ages and want to bring the passion of music and music technology with the MPC Beats Academy to our communities.
- Teach and coach participates of the MPC Beats Academy about MPC & Beat Making in Hip-Hop, R&B and Pop styles of music production
- Teach and coach participants of the MPC Beats Academy about sampling, mixing, and song publishing.
- Coordinate, plan and maintain inMusic’s MPC Beats Academy educational
- Write and maintain lesson plans and instructional materials for participants.
- Inspire and motivate participants by building relationships and mentoring participants.
- Understand the potential and skill of each participant and guide individual participants according to their abilities.
- Provide feedback and assistance to improve participants skills
- Provide support to inMusic’s Committee for Change in their outreach efforts with educational partnerships and community-based organizations by participating in company sponsored events and programs.
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment for participants.
- Move, set up, and break down equipment and materials used for and during instruction.
- Assist with equipment inventory
- Assist with special projects and initiatives as directed
- Must demonstrate an understanding of Music Production concepts and be able to communicate those concepts to a wide audience effectively
- Must use MPC hardware (MPC One, MPC Live 2, MPC X, MPC2 desktop software) at a professional level of competence
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse communities and/or secondary/post-secondary students
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Engaging, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor
- Commitment to inMusic’s mission of building community through music and music technology
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends throughout the year
- Experience with Akai Pro standalone, hardware and controllers and/or professional musical experience
Interested in applying? Click Here