Wed, February 27, 2019
OVERVIEW JOB FUNCTION
Maintain the company Linux infrastructure and access to all files and services. This individual will maintain backup systems and disaster recovery plans as well as maintain and help support the and other critical systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work well with IT team and End Users to resolve issues quickly and professionally providing coverages in other areas when needed.
- Manage and maintain all company Linux systems from development platforms to web.
- Install and configure servers in a highly available Linux environment using VMware and AWS platforms.
- Assist web team for new site buildouts and troubleshooting to ensure Linux systems running web services are up to date and secure.
- Validate monitoring alerts, create support tickets as required and execute predefined troubleshooting procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance (updates, server reboots and backups).
- Database management and maintenance.
- Monthly cyber security auditing to ensure servers are hardened to current standards.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years Linux systems administration.
- Understanding of development methodologies.
- Solid understanding of virtual and SAN technologies.
- Strong ability to work with Jira GitLab, SVN, and other services.
- Experience with VMware, VSphere and VMotion.
- Thorough understanding of server hardware components to include RAID configurations and externally attached storage devices.
- Ability to research issues and find solutions on your own.
- Basic understanding for best practice networking practices.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Experience in high availability.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to communicate and exchange information effectively. Ability to work in a data management environment. Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computers (keyboard & mouse), copiers, and fax machines