Wed, September 25, 2019
Graduate Software Quality Assurance Tester
inMusic Brands (the parent company which owns Akai Professional, Alesis, Numark, Air, Denon DJ, M-Audio and other pro-audio brands) is looking for a full-time QA professional to join our team developing industry-leading audio products, electronic musical instruments, music production kit, the iconic MPC line, DJ products, and more.
Our UK development office is based in central Cambridge.
We have a great development team, and the projects are genuinely interesting.
The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for creating and executing test cases for a wide range of music industry products introduced by inMusic Brand’s global development teams. The ideal tester brings a keen troubleshooting mind and a general love for audio gear, production and performance. He or she should also possess strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to work independently or in a collaborative setting.
The inMusic Brands family, with headquarters in Rhode Island, USA, has offices all over the world. You will interact with an international team of professionals.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create and execute detailed test plans for new products.
- Maintain software quality for existing products.
- Maintain testing status/progress using standard bug tracking tools.
- Advise approval of final code/hardware components.
- Create FAQ, release note, and support materials for end user support groups.
- Knowledge of electronic and digital music production.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with both Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- High deductive reasoning and troubleshooting acumen.
- Fluent spoken and good written English.
Nice to have
- A degree-level qualification in Computer Sciences, Electronic Music Production, Audio Engineering, general music practices/performance, or a related field.
- Prior Quality Assurance testing experience.
- Experience with scripting languages and test automation frameworks.
- In depth knowledge of MIDI Communications protocol.
- Software development background.
Vacancies welcome from keyboard players.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.
Please send application and CV to: Jaclyn Garforth
inMusic celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer, recognising that future success in a highly competitive marketplace depends on our employees and their development.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at inMusic and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion or belief or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.