Fri, August 28, 2020
We are looking for an experienced Global Planning Manager to organize and oversee the daily planning operations of inMusic. This role will be to ensure our inventory is planned and appropriately allocated across our global business.
The Global Planning Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, and developing management tools in support of a global manufacturing and supply chain operation while working closely with the factories, production, sales, and logistics colleagues.
The Global Planning Manager is also responsible for monitoring and managing global inventories, and forecasting sales and production levels to plan for materials needed. Duties also include tracking delivery performance and response time, as well as handle capacity planning and various logistics projects.
Additional duties include developing, publishing, and monitoring production plans and analyzing finished goods levels.
- Forecast demands to ensure just in time inventory increases efficiency and reduces inventory costs
- Demand forecasting, supply planning, inventory control, monitoring and reporting of results across multiple brands and categories as well as multiple warehouses across the globe
- Manage global demand planning for all portfolios
- Work with global manufacturing teams, sales, and product management teams to ensure correct inventory plans are executed
- Lead planning aspects of new product launches during pre-launch and post-launch phases
- Perform quantitative analysis of demand, supply, and inventory issues
- Develop and manage planning team members
- Responsible for the sales and operations planning from beginning to end
- Interacting with international logistics and freight forwarders, planning arrangements, oversee this process from start to finish
- Assists in recommending manufacturing capacity shifts based on forward-looking production requirements and capacity planning
- Help monitor and report out Key Performance Indicators, scheduling, supply lead times, inventory levels, accurate planning, and production dates on purchase orders, etc.
- Participate in sales, operations, development, engineering, and planning meetings to assist new product introductions and to resolve material or scheduling issues on existing products
- Work with other managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the organization
- Performs other related duties as directed by the VP of Supply Chain and Logistics
- Directly responsible for managing the sales and operations planning process at a high level
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in product planning, supply chain, business, engineering, or a related discipline, along with industry equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience in a fast-paced global manufacturing environment
- Excellent leadership, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels within the organization as well as with other manufacturing sites
- Superior analytical skills for the preparation of product demand forecasts, financial profitability of product and inventory management issues
- Strong planning, quantitative and reasoning skills
- Proficient with ERP/MRP systems (SAP and SAGE Preferred)
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- High level of Excel skills
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers in Southeast Asia
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Superior process improvement skills
- Proven ability to help lead the multi-national planning team
Interested in applying? Click Here