Tue, January 29, 2019
inMusic Brands, the parent company to such brands as Denon-DJ, Akai Professional, M-Audio, and Rane is looking for a talented Firmware Engineer to join our engineering team in Cumberland, RI. This Engineer will join a tight-knit, cohesive team to perform hands-on, new product design of pro-audio products potentially for any of our exciting and innovative brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Firmware design, implementation, test, and debug for MCUs and DSPs
- Participate in system architecture design with hardware team, guiding selection of embedded processors that will meet product requirements.
- Direct interface with other disciplines including electrical engineering, software engineering, quality assurance, and executive management.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCE) or Computer Science (BSCS)
- Experience: 3+ years embedded design experience
- Direct design experience in the following areas:
- Writing and debugging C for embedded MCUs and DSPs
- Embedded serial protocols - I2C, SPI, USB
- Signal processing
- Displays – TFT LCD, OLED, etc…
- Reading electrical schematics
- Source control with subversion and/or git
- Proficiency with common lab tools - oscilloscopes, power supplies, bus analyzers
- Ability to deal with dynamic priorities / fluid product requirements
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Hardware design experience
- Audio related firmware/software experience
- Experience with: ARM Cortex-M, Blackfin, RTOS, FPGAs (Verilog of VHDL), Linux
- PC based software design in C++
- Musical background