Wed, November 27, 2019
This individual is responsible for managing the product development of the Alesis brand within inMusic. This person will manage project development from concept to production as well as manage engineering and project management resources. This individual should have good experience with working with Asian contract manufacturers and relevant experience in developing keyboard and digital piano products for musicians as well as other audio products for musicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages project engineering of all products within the brand
- Determines best engineering solution/architecture for each project
- Approves unit cost and CM selection
- Reviews engineering specifications and hardware/firmware plans
- Personnel management of the brands’ Product Manager and Project Manager
The Director of Product Development is responsible for all product development from concept to production.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of experience in project management and project engineering
- BSEE or BSME degree, MSEE preferred
- Experience interfacing with Contract manufacturers, Asian CMs preferred
- Personnel management experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering for consumer and pro-consumer products
- Knowledge of the digital piano and music keyboard industry
- Responsible for directly managing Product Managers and Project Managers
- Supervisory responsibilities include making hiring recommendations, making final hiring decisions, plan and schedule work, assign work, instruct and train in methods, check and approve work, conduct performance evaluations, recommend salary adjustments, make recommendations regarding promotions, make recommendations regarding unsatisfactory performance
- Responsible for providing direct feedback to the VP of Engineering that communicates ongoing performance observations.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org