Tue, May 07, 2019
OVERVIEW JOB FUNCTION
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for supporting, planning, organizing and directing all IT related activities and functions across multiple locations and facilities. This includes directing all IT related affairs, including telecommunications, computer hardware, software, security, applications and internet/web as well as the support and maintenance of existing application and development of new technical solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for developing and implementing an IT vision, analyzing and translating new emerging technologies into an effective IT strategy.
- Align information technology and planning with the company’s strategic plan, including global IT infrastructure, architecture, and applications development, re-engineering business processes, enterprise-wide software, e-commerce, networks, outsourcing, and computer operations.
- Analyzes complex business needs directs the planning, justification, acquisition and budgeting for computer hardware, software, resources and maintenance.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintain, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of IT personnel.
- Participates in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Responsible for direct oversight of:
- internal company IT (desktops, comms infrastructure, MS Office, VPN)
- internal web services (Sharepoint, etc)
- inter-office connectivity
- public web services (Magento, Salesforce, etc)
- ongoing operation of internal engineering services
- Perform liaison duties between users, software engineering, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of system design, modifications or troubleshooting.
- Organize, issue, maintain and track company issued technological assets.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information and intellectual property.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in information technology, with at least three years at managerial level
- Demonstrated leadership in system administration including:
- Networks, computer and database systems (AWS, Brocade, Barracuda, VMware), Microsoft 365, Windows and Mac OS and accompanying hardware
- Linux System Administration
- Web and e-commerce platform management using Magento, Expression Engine, Laravel
- Experience running and supporting ERP systems including SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience supporting software development operations including:
- Development software maintenance including Jenkins, Jira, Redmine, SVN, Git
- Local and cloud build preparation, support and deployment
- Software engineering services
- Demonstrated experience establishing and directing information technology policy and practice across global locations and facilities.
- Success working with outside consultants and providers to implement technology improvements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle; and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift and push product up to 50 lbs.
Some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com