Wed, April 03, 2019
Job Title: Director of Engineering
Reports to: VP of Engineering
This individual is responsible for managing the product development of a brand. This person will manage project development from concept to production as well as manage engineering and project management resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages project engineering of all products within the brand
- Determines best engineering solution/architecture for each project
- Approves unit cost and CM selection
- Reviews engineering specifications and hardware/firmware plans
- Manages the Product Managers, Project Managers and engineering personnel
The Director of Product Development is responsible for all product development from concept to production.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of experience in project management and project engineering
- BSEE or BSME degree, MSEE preferred
- Experience interfacing with Contract manufacturers, Asian CMs preferred
- Personnel management experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering for consumer and pro-consumer products
- Responsible for directly managing Product Managers and Project Managers
- Supervisory responsibilities include making hiring recommendations, making final hiring decisions, plan and schedule work, assign work, instruct and train in methods, check and approve work, conduct performance evaluations, recommend salary adjustments, make recommendations regarding promotions, make recommendations regarding unsatisfactory performance
- Responsible for providing direct feedback to the VP of Engineering that communicates ongoing performance observations.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time. Must be able to efficiently operate computer and other office machinery, must be able to communicate with co-workers.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, scanner, telephone, fax machine, copier, color laser printer, laminator, industrial paper cutter
Software: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook