Fri, April 05, 2019
The Alesis Drums Product Specialist will communicate with dealers and end-users about current product news and information. Provide and gather specific intelligence during scheduled visits at select retail store locations in assigned regional territory. Demonstrate, perform, and host trade shows, exhibitions, grand openings, product launches, clinics, keynotes, workshops and many other various types of public and private events. Collect and provide specific product feedback to sales, marketing and development. Prepare and produce tutorials, videos, email campaigns, demonstrational content, tips and tricks as well as a variety of other documents and instructional initiatives. Provide daily, weekly and monthly field reports containing valuable feedback and other important information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed on showroom floors
- Travel to promote the Alesis Drums Brand
- Perform at trade shows as needed
- Create and conduct video presentations and demos
- Visit local retail stores covered by the National Sales Manager to ensure the following:
- The Alesis Drums brand is presented correctly and in good working order
- Produce product merchandizing reports on the condition of demo equipment
- Travel with specialized repair kit to deal with broken equipment in the retail store
- Provide and gather information during scheduled dealer visits as well as provide dealer and end-user education, parts and technical support as needed
- Demonstrate, perform and host trade shows, exhibitions, product launches, workshops and other various types of public and private events for dealers, distributors and end-users upon request
- Collect and provide specific product feedback to sales, marketing and development on a regular basis
- Prepare and produce tutorials, videos, email campaigns, demonstrational content as well as a variety of other materials to assist the sales force and to provide the end-users with product knowledge
- Complete weekly and monthly feedback reports as well as schedule and manage all personal travel arrangements and expenses
- The Product Specialist is responsible to perform duties beyond the normal workday.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to play drums proficiently
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Experienced with Music Production techniques and equipment
- Video production skills a plus
- Basic repair capabilities
- Candidate must exude a positive attitude even while under pressure, have a strong willingness to learn, be strongly self-motivated and have a relentless passion for music and the world of audio in general.
- Candidate must have a basic understanding of various recording and live sound applications, DJ & recording software, MIDI controllers and basic signal flow. Candidate must confidently and effectively present and perform to small and large audiences.
- Candidate must have 2+ years of work experience in the music retail and/or musical instrument manufacturing industries.
- Candidate must be willing to travel on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time. Must be able to efficiently operate computer and other office machinery, must be able to communicate with co-workers and have the ability to perform repetitive motions. Must be able to lift and transport audio equipment to and from events as well as showrooms.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, scanner, telephone, fax machine, copier
Software: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License
- Travel will be necessary
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and a video of yourself playing solo, or with a band, that you feel demonstrates your ability as a drummer to: email@example.com