Mon, January 05, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA – January 5, 2015. Marantz Professional (marantzpro.com), a leading manufacturer of professional recording solutions today announced the high definition PMD-901V personal A/V recorder. This body-worn audio/video recorder was designed to capture the sights, sounds and locations of service, technical, safety and other critical personnel as they go about their duties. In particular, the PMD-901V will appeal to law enforcement, EMT, health-care workers and others who interact frequently with the public.
With 32GB of secure, tamper-proof internal storage, the PMD-901V captures up to 8 continuous hours of full HD video at 2304 x 1296 resolution, rendering impeccable detail and clarity, in harsh conditions. Weighing less than 7 ounces, the PMD-901V attaches unobtrusively to the user’s clothing with a swiveling clip for optimum video capture from the ultra-wide 140-degree field-of-view lens. The internal GPS receiver provides automatic location tagging of video- and still-captures, offering irrefutable substantiation of where and when the audio and video were recorded.
Purpose-built for commercial applications, the PMD-901V seamlessly integrates with uniforms and heavy outerwear, making gloved operation a simple task—even in extreme temperatures. A backlit, high-resolution 2-inch color screen provides in-field review capabilities, while the password-protected files are secure from tampering or erasure by unauthorized personnel. On-the-fly file marking lets users quickly identify clips containing notable events while offloading them to a computer over high speed USB.
Marantz Professional PMD-901V highlights:
- Ultra-sharp 2304 x 1296p HD video capture at 30 frames per second
- 140 degree field of view captures wide-angle video and pictures
- Level IP-67 waterproof construction is submersible for up to 30 minutes at 1m (3 feet)
- 32GB of built-in storage with password protection for up to 10 total hours of capture
- Night vision mode captures facial detail up to 10m (33 feet) away in darkness
- 2-inch backlit, high-resolution color display; HDMI 1.3 output
- Quick-Start recording mode immediately begins recording when turned on
- Useable in temperatures between -40 degrees F to 140 degrees F (-40 C to 60 C)
- Intuitive, one-handed operation—even while wearing gloves
- Customizable notifications (audible, visual, and vibration) provide concise feedback
- 30-second pre- and post-record buffer captures ensures critical moments are captured
- Audio-only record mode for situations where video is not permissible
- High quality built-in microphone for highly intelligible voice and environmental audio captures
“More than ever, professionals who interact with the public need to document their whereabouts and activities for analytical, liability and professional development purposes. The PMD-901V, with its allday battery and secure, internal storage acts as a silent sentry, protecting the interests of the public and those who serve them, discretely and securely,” said Costa Lakoumentas, Senior VP at Marantz Professional. “Under even the most challenging conditions, the PMD-901V accomplishes this intelligently with stunning quality—in a completely unobtrusive manner.”
The PMD-901V will be on display at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV, January 6-9 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Central Hall, Booth 11640. The PMD-901V will be available in Spring 2015 from Marantz Professional dealers for $499.99. For more information visit marantzpro.com.
About Marantz Professional
Marantz Professional is a leading manufacturer of professional recording solutions. Drawing upon a decades-long history of engineering innovations, Marantz Professional supplies no-compromise audio and video recording technology to critical users in every professional endeavor. For more information visit marantzpro.com.