inMusic Brands Careers
Mon, September 23, 2013
Seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Software Developer to join our engineering team developing Windows device drivers for our audio interface, keyboard, controller and other product lines. This is a highly visible position in a dynamic multi-tasking work environment. You will be responsible for developing Audio and MIDI drivers for new products, maintaining existing drivers, and generally improving the user’s device driver experience wherever possible. You will keep up to speed on future OS releases and changes, interfacing directly with Microsoft when necessary. The desired candidate is resourceful, motivated, and one who consistently delivers on or ahead of schedule.
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent technical degree with a minimum of 5 years with C/C++ OO development experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years of Windows Audio and MIDI device driver development experience spanning several product development cycles.
- Driver development for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Solid understanding of Windows Internals, WASAPI and the Windows audio stack.
- WDM Audio Driver (Streaming A/V drivers, specifically AVStream mini drivers desired) design.
- Windows Driver Kit (WDK).
- ASIO (Audio Streaming Input Output Specification 2.0) driver development for multi-channel devices.
- Solid understanding of USB architecture and client device driver development.
- Source and revision control, and automated build systems.
- Proficient in debugging tools and techniques with good communications, analytical and problem solving skills.
The following experience and specialized skills are highly desired:
- Windows 8 driver development.
- Familiarity with Multi-track Audio recording and/or DJ applications.
- Control Panels, Installers, Firmware loaders, Middleware.
- Knowledge of 1394 FireWire and PCI architectures, and client device driver development.
- WHQL driver qualification, driver signing.
- Luntbuild build automation tool.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- MacOS audio and MIDI driver experience.
- Personal passion for audio, music, DJ’ing, and/or performance.
Job Locations: Cumberland, RI; will consider virtual office depending on qualifications/circumstances.
How To Apply To US Positions
Send your resume and CV to: