Fri, March 31, 2017
Overview of Job Function(s):
inMusic is seeking a seasoned Senior Industrial Designer to join our accomplished design team. inMusic consists of 14 brands including 11 hardware brands; ION (Consumer Audio and Lighting), Denon DJ (Premium DJ equipment), Alesis (Digital Piano and Electronic Drum), Numark (DJ Equipment), Akai Pro (Music Production and Performance), Alto Pro (Live Sound), Denon Pro (Pro Audio/Video Recording & Playback), Marantz Pro (Pro Audio Recording & Playback), M-Audio (Studio & Live Equipment), MARQ (Pro Lighting), and Rane (Premium DJ and Pro Audio). The ideal candidate will have a passion for new technology, a strong sense of proportion, and a detail oriented personality, as well as a proven ability to support ID related decisions and executions to product development cycle from concept to production. The Senior Industrial Designer will lead and contribute the general user experience, aesthetic, and ergonomic development of high priority products as an individual contributor, working directly with our engineers, contract manufacturers, and business teams to explore, innovate and execute world-class products. We are looking for an experienced Senior Industrial Designer who has been dedicating his/her life to mastering user centric principles and design skills, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with all the other disciplines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with multi-functional teams to define product solutions using design thinking processes
- Explore a wide range of compelling design options and new product ideas
- Create compelling designs based upon ideation, research, and product requirements
- Manage design project and daily design tasks and assist prototype preparation
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual and written means
- Be the mentor for a designated junior designer, your protégé
- Collaborate with other designers, engineering, and business teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions
- Must present a link to a killer online portfolio which demonstrates minimum 5 successfully shipped consumer electronic products. This is a hard requirement. The more shipping products you have, the better chance you will be contacted. We may request more work samples as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial Design
- 7+ years design experience, performing the essential functions described above
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks (or equivalent), Keyshot, and MS Office
- Strong problem solving, aesthetic, concept visualization, and presenting skills
- Strong understanding in product development processes and industrial designer’s roles
- Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of design options, including forms, colors, finishes and materials
- Strong skills in project and time management, communications, and team work
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing methods
- A love for technology and music (listening, playing, mixing, or producing) is a bonus!
This position is based in our Cumberland, RI headquarters.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com