Thu, July 26, 2018
Department: Supply Chain / Operations
Location: Reno, Nevada
Overview of Job Function(s):
Quality Manager has the responsibility to ensure that every function and operation within the supply chain meets the established quality standards in an efficient and effective approach. The Quality Manager establishes quality standards and maintains work flow descriptions and/or diagrams, document control and ensures compliance with the established standards. Quality Manager is also responsible for analyzing procedures and processes with the intent of forwarding recommendations for changes that will improve efficiency and/or reduce waste in all of its forms. Lead & Coordinate special projects related to Supply Chain driving continuous improvements with respect to processes and team capabilities.
Develops a metrics-based indicator for all processes in order to assess progress while holding the gains achieved at all times
Five Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design develop, implement and execute effective processes and procedures to monitor all work processes. Promote development through validation, surveillance and audit of processes and quality systems.
- Champion the implementation of an effective corrective action process which includes root cause analysis and corrective action through follow-up auditing
- Assemble, analyze and report quality and work performance metrics to support continuous improvement activities
- Make the recommendations for improving the quality of work as well as to formulate the guidelines to make new improvements
- Provide the training to the employees on a regular basis in order to further promote the concept of continuous improvement.
- Thorough understanding of the “quality initiatives” (Lean,TQM; 5S, Six Sigma, etc.)
- BS in an engineering field or other technical discipline
- 5 years of industrial or distribution experience with heavy emphasis on quality assurance
- Excellent analytical skills to observe the various aspects of work procedures carefully and effectively
- Exceptional problem-solving skills plus a keen eye for detail work
- Excellent communicator both written and oral
Key Physical Requirements
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, ability to use and operate standard office equipment including a computer and keyboard, fax and copy machine, scanner, move about within a standard office & distribution warehouse area, walking, sitting, standing, climbing, carrying, pushing/pulling and lifting 1-50 pounds occasionally. The person in this position frequently communicates with coworkers and outside vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Please send resume to HR@numark.com