inMusic Brands Careers
Tue, July 30, 2013
inMusic is the parent company for a family of premier brands that include: AIR Music Technology, Akai Professional, Alesis, Alto Professional, ION Audio, M-Audio, MixMeister, Numark, and Sonivox. Each of inMusicʼs brands creates cutting-edge products that incorporate and build upon the latest in engineering, design, and technology in the industries of DJ, music production, live sound, musical instrument, pro audio, and consumer electronics.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Product Manager for our Alto Professional Brand.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7+ years of experience as a product manager in the professional audio industry, including 3 years of direct experience managing professional loudspeaker and audio mixer products.
- The candidate for this position must have excellent hands-on experience using professional audio equipment including: audio mixers, loudspeakers, power amplifiers, microphones and signal processers. They must have a good working understanding of the theory operation of these products.
- The candidate must communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing. They must have a solid understanding of product development business principals regarding: scheduling, costing, margins, profit, return on investment, and opportunity costs. Solid experience in daily use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is a must.
- Formal educational training in sales, marketing, or product development, or equivalent employment experience, is necessary. A passion for audio equipment and music is a must!
The product manager is responsible for managing Alto Professional branded products through-out their product life cycles. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Researching new product opportunities by evaluating competitive products, the current market place, market trends, and sales demand.
- Authoring and maintaining product specifications. Working directly with engineering, design, marketing and sales to coordinate all product development.
- Assisting in the planning of tradeshows and sales events. Attending tradeshows and business meetings representing Alto Professional. Provides support for media and press related marketing activities. Represents the outward face of the Alto Professional brand at trade shows, media events, and for related marketing and sales activities.
- Evaluating product samples for function, fit, feel and appearance, and then providing direction to contract suppliers or development team members in order to develop the most appropriate product within the constraints of cost and schedule.
- Managing product costing, margin analysis, and forecasting activities through the product life cycle. Negotiating and evaluating costs by working closely with contract suppliers.
This position requires willingness to work in an office environment. Job responsibilities require lifting and moving items up to 50 pounds weight, as well as bending, sitting, and crouching.
This position is located at the Alto Professional offices in Cumberland, RI. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Willingness for travel related to job responsibilities such as for trade shows as well as customer and supplier meetings is required.
How To Apply To US Positions
Send your resume and CV to: