inMusic Brands Careers
Wed, August 28, 2013
inMusic is the parent company for a family of leading music technology and DJ brands that includes AIR Music Technology, Akai Professional, Alesis, Alto Professional, ION Audio, M-Audio, MixMeister, Numark and Sonivox. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of innovation in the DJ, music production, live sound, musical instrument, pro audio, and consumer electronic industries.
We are currently looking for an experienced and confident leader to fill the Company’s newly created European Marketing Manager Post.
The EU Marketing Manager will report directly in to the Director of Marketing worldwide and will be responsible for developing, executing and managing the Company’s European marketing effort (all brands within the corporate portfolio). This position will be a key member of the Marketing team, working with marketing and sales management to develop channel, direct and end-user communications strategies for the European market. This position will work closely with the global marketing, product development and sales team to develop and implement marketing programmes designed to raise brand awareness and maximize channel sell through.
The EU Marketing Manager will lead a team of marketing professionals in the UK and Germany to develop, refine and implement the Company’s global marketing strategy within the European marketing. The EU Marketing Manager will provide the appropriate input and ensure approvals as listed below:
- With the Director of Marketing Worldwide, leverage and enhance the Company’s existing global marketing programmes and content in the European market
- Provide input into the creative process as the Company’s voice of the European market
- Responsible for European marketing budget, programme execution and ROI measurement
- Develop programmes to enhance online marketing effort including global visual brand identity consistency and content generation
- Deliver ongoing marketing activity report including press, print and online advertising, event marketing, online activity, etc.
- Responsible for the overall European media outreach programme including press releases, copywriting of press releases and media materials when needed, media interaction, and building PR relationships and opportunities with media outside our core industry
- Responsible for European print and online advertising placement and creative execution
- In conjunction with the Company’s Global Tradeshow and Events Manager, responsible for executing all European tradeshows, events, trainings, etc.
- Responsible for the generation of all European channel communications
- Responsible for executing direct end-user email campaigns along with integrated online promotions, competitions, etc.
- Working with the Director of Business Development to develop and executive e-commerce and effective lead generation programmes
- In conjunction with the e-marketing team, responsible for European end-user online database
- Ensure channel marketing plans are produced and implemented successfully, with coordinated input collected from the sales team, executives and partners
- Support all incoming channel requests, including enquiries from new potential partners
- Creatively message key product and solution marketing messages and value propositions to the European dealer and end-user audiences
- Develop effective communication tools (i.e. online dealer/reseller portal on .com site(s), newsletters, direct email campaigns, webinars, distributor/dealer seminars, podcasts, videos, dealer/distributor events, tradeshows, etc.) to maximize reseller preparedness and engagement
- Carry out channel-focused advertising and marketing campaigns, work with internal design team and/or 3rd parties (if required), to build awareness of the inMusic brands and generate sales leads
- Meet regularly with sales and channel partners to listen to their feedback on ways to improve the channel marketing communication programme further
- Act as primary marketing liaison between Europe and all company offices
- Work with European artists to leverage user-testimonials and customer success stories
- Maintain accurate records of product loan stock and equipment sales
- Proven work experience in print/online marketing communications, product marketing, direct marketing and/or channel marketing
- Strong ability to develop, edit and strongly message the position of the channel business through various communication vehicles
- Significant level of proven product/brand marketing experience at a European/Global level, ideally with some territory specific experience
- Must have outstanding team leadership skills, staff management and project management experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of complex multichannel distribution systems
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to drive communication development using HTML, Flash, Podcasting, advanced PowerPoint and other web 2.0 tools
- Strong ability to work with minimal direction and apply innovative and creative approach to projects
- Ability to build relationships, manage budgets and ensure project timelines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Motivated individual with superior creativity and problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt to change rapidly, identifying marketing opportunities and implementing planning accordingly
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task on various projects
- Passion for DJ, Music Production and/or Music Performance a strong plus
- Multiple languages would be highly advantageous, however not essential
- Degree (or equivalent) within Marketing Management, Journalism/Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, or related would be highly preferred
- Advanced degree a plus but not required
About inMusic Europe:
Our staff are truly passionate about our products and culture; we are a hard-working and fast-growing company and seek every opportunity to provide excellent customer service and inspire passion in our customers.
This role will be based within the UK headquarters for inMusic Europe, which is located in Ash Vale, Hampshire. We have free on-site parking available.
If you would like to apply for this position, or would like additional information, please email your CV, along with a covering letter and salary expectations to Simon Bangs (SBangs@inmusicbrands.com).
How To Apply To US Positions
Send your resume and CV to: