Fri, May 26, 2017
Audio Product Manager
inMusic Brands, Inc. is seeking an experienced Audio Product Manager. This candidate would be responsible for managing the products through their product life. This includes researching new product opportunities, authoring and maintaining product specifications, assisting with tradeshows, marketing, sales, etc. This candidate should have a knowledge of consumer and MI audio equipment.
The product manager is responsible for managing audio products through-out their product life cycles. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Researching new product opportunities by evaluating competitive products, the current market place, market trends, customer interests and sales demand
- Authoring and maintaining product specifications
- Working directly with engineering, design, marketing and sales
- Attending and assisting in the planning of tradeshows and sales events
- Providing support for media and press related marketing activities
- Representing the outward face of the brand at trade shows, media events, and related marketing and sales activities.
- Evaluating product development samples and then providing direction to contract suppliers or the development team to produce the best product that meets your specification within the constraints of cost and schedule.
- Managing product costing, margin analysis, and forecasting activities through the product life cycle
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in the professional or consumer audio industry
- Direct hands-on experience using consumer and professional audio equipment including: Electronic instruments, MIDI controllers, Audio interfaces, and Studio monitors. You must have a good working understanding of the theory of operation for these products
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- A solid understanding of product development business principals regarding: scheduling, costing, margins, profit, return on investment, and opportunity costs
- Experience in daily use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is a must
- Training in sales, marketing, or product development, or equivalent employment experience
- A passion for audio equipment and music is a must!
This position requires willingness to work in an office environment. Job responsibilities require lifting and moving items up to 50 pounds weight, as well as bending, sitting, and crouching.
This position is located at the inMusic office in Cumberland, RI. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Willingness for travel related to job responsibilities such as for trade shows as well as customer and supplier meetings is required.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org