Thu, September 21, 2017
The Assistant Distribution Center Manager is responsible to create a team and processes within the warehouse to meet customer needs and expectations. This individual will supervise the people and processes: Receiving goods into and Shipping goods from the distribution center. Responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing and shipping products. Responsible for driving improvements in quality of shipments, meeting delivery expectations, managing cost, and maximizing efficiency.
A leader who is a cross functional collaborator, able to motivate a workforce and encourage strong teamwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise/Manage the Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Accuracy
- Management of workforce for Shipping & Receiving
- Supervisory Staff development, mentoring and training
- Establish and monitor Safety and Security procedures
- Manage contract labor agencies
- Document processes and procedures
- Create, track and monitor Quality, Cost and Productivity Metrics
- Perform inspection and manage maintenance for the warehouse facility and equipment
- Microsoft: Excel and Word
- SAP WMS knowledge or equivalent WMS software system
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent strategic planning and forecasting skills
- Excellent decision-making and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Organizational & Time Management skills
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to: position self to access objects such as filing cabinets, remain stationary for extended periods of time, operate office machinery such as a computer or telephone, move communicate effectively and to perform repetitive motions. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Ability to use: computer, switchboard/telephone, printer, fax machine and photocopier.
Please review requirements carefully and submit resumes directly to email@example.com